Stages of Deterioration in the Human Body
The Moment Of Death:
1. The heart stops.
2. The skin gets tight and ashen in color.
3. All the muscles relax.
4. The bladder and bowels empty.
5. The body temperature begins to drop 1 1/2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
After 30 minutes:
6. The skin gets purple and waxy.
7. The lips, fingernails, and toenails fade to a pale color.
8. Blood pools at the bottom of the body.
9. The hands and feet turn blue.
10. The eyes sink into the skull.
After 4 hours:
11. Rigor mortis has set in.
12. The purpling of the skin and the pooling of the blood continue.
13. Rigor continues to tighten muscles for another 24 hours or so.
After 12 hours:
14. The body is in full rigor mortis.
After 24 hours:
15. The body is now the temperature of the surrounding environment.
16. In males, the semen dies.
17. The head and neck are now a greenish-blue color.
18. The greenish-blue color spreads to the rest of the body.
19. There is a pervasive smell of rotting meat.
After 3 days:
20. The gas in the body tissues forms large blisters on the skin.
21. The whole body begins to bloat and swell grotesquely.
22. Fluids leak from the mouth, nose, vagina, and rectum.
After 3 weeks:
23. The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can easily be pulled off the corpse.
24. The skin bursts open on many places on the body.
25. Decomposition will continue until the body is nothing but skelital remains, a process that can take a month or so in hot climates, and two months or more in cold climates.
This is actually pretty interesting.
Important for writers…helps avoid either walking in and knowing someone died moments ago “from the smell” (unless that smell is piss and shit), or finding someone dead for a week that “looks like they’re sleeping.”
Reblogging for reference.
This is the single creepiest website ever and i love all of you
My Sim went to a lecture only to have his lecturer just sit next to him and finish his own work. This seemed to really confuse him.
Did this really just fucking happen
my mom just came home and said “Something smells dead in here.” and i resisted the urge to say “That would be my self esteem.”
Admittedly, I would absolutely find this hilarious if I didn’t know the simple fact that the smiling woman is the Prime Minister of Denmark!
The PM and Obama have met lots of times now …
… which is probably why they’re seated next to one another. I mean, come ON, obviously it’s not some random man-stealing bimbo that was placed next to the President of the United States.
But the media loves to pin women up against each other, so for good measure here’s a picture of all three smiling together and one of the two women alone…
Please, signal boost this and stop the idiotic scenario where these two intelligent and powerful women are being reduced to petty women that care only about the attention of a man - even if it is the President of the United States.
The more you know. Now, go forth an have an AWESOME day!